Department: Scientific Advisory Board
Affiliation: GEM Tox Labs, Institute for Research in Biotechnology
Location: Greenville (North Carolina)
- Birth place : Egypt
- 10/1961-6/1965 : Ain Shams University (Cairo, Egypt), B.S. (Magna Cum Laude) in Biology/Chemistry
- 10/1965-11/1969: Ain Shams University (Cairo,Egypt), M.S. in Parasitology/Immunology
- 1/1972-9/1974: Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio), M.S. in Biophysics/Molecular Biology
- 10/1974-8/1975: Ohio State University (Columbus,Ohio). Ph.D. in Biophysics/Molecular Biology
- 9/1975-8/1977: Brookhaven National Laboratory, Department of Biology, (Upton, New York). Molecular Biology&Biotechnology
- 1/1995-Present : Director, General, Environment&Molecular Toxicology (GEM Tox) Consultants&Labs, Inc., Greenville, North Carolina – Expert Consultant for Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Health Organization (Who) of the United Nations
- 6/1998-10/2007: Clinical Professor of Molecular Oncology, Department of Radiation Oncology, Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center, The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1/1995-5/1998 : Distinguished Visiting Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
- 6/1984-12/1994 : Senior Program Director, National Research Council/Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Science, Washington D.C.
- Senior Research Collaborator, Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York
- 9/1979-5/1984 : Director of Departments of Clinical Chemistry and Toxicology, Pharmacopathics Research Laboratories, Inc., Laurel, Maryland.
- 11/1975-8/1979 : Assistant Scientist, Radiation and Chemical Carcinogenesis, Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York.